Course Additional Fields are used to add additional, standardized information about each course. These details are used in system reporting and maintenance, providing helpdesk support service, and improving user experience. Power Users and Course Authors are responsible for completing the fields for their courses.
There are four Course Additional Fields:
- Course Author: A free text field for the name of the course author or UAB employee responsible for the course.
- Sponsoring Department: A dropdown list for selecting the department which oversees the course. This field is visible to end users.
- Target Audience: The primary intended audience of the course.
- Last Review Date: The date the course content and settings were last reviewed by the course author or sponsoring department. This should be updated by the course author as needed.
How to Update a Course's Additional Fields
As a Power User - Author in the Campus Learning System:
- Open the course. Click the Gear icon , choose Course Management, and click on the course name.
- On the Properties tab, click Course Additional Fields.
- Enter the details, then click Save Changes.
- The new information will be saved. Once added, the Sponsoring Department field is visible to end users.