The On the Job Injury/Illness Family Medical Leave document reason is used when an employee has been absent from work for two weeks due to an on the job injury or illness.
- The employee must be placed in an On the Job Injury/Illness FMLA leave status retroactive to the first date of the absence. The leave period will count toward, and run concurrent with, the employee’s FMLA entitlement.
Navigate to Oracle HR Officer → HR Transactions → ACT → Find Window
Note: When using the OJI Family Medical Leave document reason, the Expected Return to Work field located on the Assignment Form is the only field available for update.
1. Use the Find window to locate the employee, then click Create New Document.
2. On the Act Main Form, click once into the Document Reason field. Choose OJI Family Medical.
3. Click into the Effective Date field and choose the effective date.
4. Click Save. A new document will be created and its status set to Open.
5. Click Assignment to open the Assignment form. Click in the Expected Return Date field and choose the expected return to work date.
The Expected Return Date does not automatically return the employee from leave. A Return from Leave document must be processed before the employee will be returned to Active status.
6. If applicable, add comments in the Comments field.
7. Click Save.
8. Click Return to Previous Form. If you will be adding attachments, click the Attachments checkbox.
Attachments are required for some documents. You may verify whether attachments are required by Records Administration here.
9. Click Submit.
The Document Status will change to Ready and enter the approval workflow.