Supervisors may submit annual evaluations of staff in UAB Perform.
How to Evaluate an Employee in UAB Perform
As a supervisor in UAB Perform:
- Locate the Supervisor Dashboard.
- Click Open Eval beside the employee you're looking to evaluate.
- Enter your assessment ratings and comments. Click Save to save your changes periodically.
- Ratings entered by your employee will be displayed under Employee Rating. If no ratings are displayed, the employee has not yet submitted their Self Evaluation.
You can add ratings, comments, and save your changes before the employee submits; however, you cannot submit your portion of the evaluation until the employee submits their self-evaluation.
- Any rating other than "Meets Expectations" requires comments. You won't be able to submit the evaluation until comments are entered for those sections.
- Click Submit to publish the evaluation viewable to the employee. Submitted evaluations cannot be edited; be sure you have completed the evaluation before you submit.
- After submitting, the employee and supervisor must sign the evaluation. Learn more about signing evaluations as a supervisor
Employee ratings and comments are not displayed
Employee ratings and comments only appear once the employee has submitted their self-evaluation. To check if the employee has submitted their self-evaluation, navigate to the Supervisor Dashboard and check the "Employee Submitted" column.
There is no submit button
The submit button is only displayed on the evaluation if the employee has submitted their self-evaluation. Employees must submit their self-evaluation first, then supervisors may submit their evaluation. You can check whether the employee has submitted their evaluation by locating the "Employee Submitted" column on the Supervisor Dashboard.
There was an error when trying to submit
There are two common issues preventing a supervisor from submitting an evaluation: first, the employee may not have submitted their self-evaluation. To check if an employee has submitted their evaluation, navigate to the Supervisor Dashboard and view the "Employee Submitted" column.
Next, any section which contains ratings other than "Meets Expectations" will require comments. Be sure to enter comments when there is a rating other than Meets Expectations.
I received an error when trying to export an evaluation
To export an evaluation, either the employee or the supervisor must have "Saved" the evaluation first. You can see whether you or your employee has saved the evaluation by opening the evaluation and checking the sidebar. An entry will be displayed showing the date the evaluation was last saved.
Resolve this issue by clicking Save, then Export.